ICD-10-CM Code C92.0
Acute myeloblastic leukemia
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code C92.0 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of C92.0 that describes the diagnosis 'acute myeloblastic leukemia' in more detail.
- C92.0 Acute myeloblastic leukemia NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code C920 is used to code Acute myeloid leukemia
Acute myeloid leukemia (AML), also known as acute myelogenous leukemia or acute nonlymphocytic leukemia (ANLL), is a cancer of the myeloid line of blood cells, characterized by the rapid growth of abnormal white blood cells that accumulate in the bone marrow and interfere with the production of normal blood cells. AML is the most common acute leukemia affecting adults, and its incidence increases with age. Although AML is a relatively rare disease, accounting for roughly 1.2% of cancer deaths in the United States, its incidence is expected to increase as the population ages.
|Specialty:||Hematology And Oncology|
|ICD 9 Code:||205.0|
Bone marrow aspirate showing acute myeloid leukemia, arrows indicate Auer rods
Coding Notes for C92.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Acute myeloblastic leukemia, minimal differentiation
- Acute myeloblastic leukemia (with maturation)
- Acute myeloblastic leukemia 1/ETO
- Acute myeloblastic leukemia M0
- Acute myeloblastic leukemia M1
- Acute myeloblastic leukemia M2
- Acute myeloblastic leukemia with t(8;21)
- Acute myeloblastic leukemia (without a FAB classification) NOS
- Refractory anemia with excess blasts in transformation [RAEB T]
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Acute exacerbation of chronic myeloid leukemia - instead, use code C92.10
- Refractory anemia with excess of blasts not in transformation - instead, use code D46.2-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'C92.0 - Acute myeloblastic leukemia'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code C92.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.