ICD-10-CM Code D02.3
Carcinoma in situ of other parts of respiratory system
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
D02.3 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of carcinoma in situ of other parts of respiratory system. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for D02.3 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Carcinoma in situ of accessory sinuses
- Carcinoma in situ of middle ear
- Carcinoma in situ of nasal cavities
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Carcinoma in situ of ear (external) (skin) - instead, use code D04.2-
- Carcinoma in situ of nose NOS D09.8 - instead, use code D09.8
- Carcinoma in situ of skin of nose - instead, use code D04.3
- DRG Group #180-182 - Respiratory neoplasms with MCC.
- DRG Group #180-182 - Respiratory neoplasms with CC.
- DRG Group #180-182 - Respiratory neoplasms without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Carcinoma in situ of nasal cavity and nasopharynx (disorder)
- Carcinoma in situ of visceral pleura (disorder)
- Carcinoma in situ of eustachian tube (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
- Possible requirement for causative disease code
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'D02.3 - Carcinoma in situ of other parts of respiratory system'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D02.3. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code D02.3 and a single ICD9 code, 231.8 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.