ICD-10-CM Code D10.0
Benign neoplasm of lip
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
D10.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of benign neoplasm of lip. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for D10.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Benign neoplasm of lip (frenulum) (inner aspect) (mucosa) (vermilion border)
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Benign neoplasm of skin of lip (D22.0, D23.0) - instead, use code D22.0
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with MCC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases with CC.
- DRG Group #157-159 - Dental and oral diseases without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'D10.0 - Benign neoplasm of lip'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D10.0. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 210.0 was previously used, D10.0 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.