ICD-10-CM Code D11.7
Benign neoplasm of other major salivary glands
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
D11.7 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of benign neoplasm of other major salivary glands. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code D11 is used to code Salivary gland neoplasm
Salivary gland cancer is a cancer that forms in tissues of a salivary gland. The salivary glands are classified as major and minor. The major salivary glands consist of the parotid, submandibular, and sublingual glands. The minor glands include small mucus-secreting glands located throughout the palate, nasal and oral cavity. Salivary gland cancer is rare, with 2% of head and neck tumors forming in the salivary glands, the majority in the parotid.
|MeSH Codes:||D012468, D012468|
|ICD 9 Codes:||142, 210.2|
The major salivary glands: the parotid gland (1), where most salivary gland tumors form, the submandibular gland (2), and the sublingual gland (3).
Coding Notes for D11.7 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Benign neoplasm of sublingual salivary gland
- Benign neoplasm of submandibular salivary gland
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #154-156 - Other ear, nose, mouth and throat diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Benign neoplasm of submaxillary gland (disorder)
- Benign neoplasm of sublingual gland (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'D11.7 - Benign neoplasm of other major salivary glands'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D11.7. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code D11.7 and a single ICD9 code, 210.2 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.