ICD-10-CM Code D27
Benign neoplasm of ovary
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code D27 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of D27 that describes the diagnosis 'benign neoplasm of ovary' in more detail.
- D27 Benign neoplasm of ovary NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code D27 is used to code Germ cell tumor
A germ cell tumor (GCT) is a neoplasm derived from germ cells. Germ cell tumors can be cancerous or non-cancerous tumors. Germ cells normally occur inside the gonads (ovary and testis). Germ cell tumors that originate outside the gonads may be birth defects resulting from errors during development of the embryo.
|MeSH Codes:||D009373, D009373, D009373, D009373|
|ICD 9 Codes:||183, 186, 220, 222.0|
Micrograph of a seminoma, a common germ cell tumor.
Coding Notes for D27 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify any functional activity.
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Corpus albicans cyst - instead, use code N83.2
- Corpus luteum cyst - instead, use code N83.1
- Endometrial cyst - instead, use code N80.1
- Follicular (atretic) cyst - instead, use code N83.0
- Graafian follicle cyst - instead, use code N83.0
- Ovarian cyst NEC - instead, use code N83.2
- Ovarian retention cyst - instead, use code N83.2
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Endometrial cyst of ovary (disorder)
- Mature cystic teratoma of ovary (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'D27 - Benign neoplasm of ovary'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D27. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'D27 - Benign neoplasm of ovary'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D27. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.