ICD-10-CM Code D33.0
Benign neoplasm of brain, supratentorial
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
D33.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of benign neoplasm of brain, supratentorial. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code D330 is used to code Pallister-Hall syndrome
Pallister–Hall syndrome is a disorder that affects the development of many parts of the body.
Coding Notes for D33.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Benign neoplasm of cerebral ventricle
- Benign neoplasm of cerebrum
- Benign neoplasm of frontal lobe
- Benign neoplasm of occipital lobe
- Benign neoplasm of parietal lobe
- Benign neoplasm of temporal lobe
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Benign neoplasm of fourth ventricle - instead, use code D33.1
- DRG Group #054-055 - Nervous system neoplasms with MCC.
- DRG Group #054-055 - Nervous system neoplasms without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Benign neoplasm of temporal lobe (disorder)
- Benign neoplasm of occipital lobe (disorder)
- Benign papilloma of choroid plexus (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'D33.0 - Benign neoplasm of brain, supratentorial'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D33.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index References for 'D33.0 - Benign neoplasm of brain, supratentorial'
The ICD-10-CM Neoplasms Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D33.0. Click on any term below to browse the neoplasms index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code D33.0 and a single ICD9 code, 225.0 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.