ICD-10-CM Code D47.1
Chronic myeloproliferative disease
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
D47.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of chronic myeloproliferative disease. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code D471 is used to code Myeloproliferative neoplasm
The myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPNs), previously myeloproliferative diseases (MPDs), are a group of diseases of the bone marrow in which excess cells are produced. They are related to, and may evolve into, myelodysplastic syndrome and acute myeloid leukemia, although the myeloproliferative diseases on the whole have a much better prognosis than these conditions. The concept of myeloproliferative disease was first proposed in 1951 by the hematologist William Dameshek. In the most recent World Health Organization classification of Hematologic malignancies, this group of diseases was renamed from "myeloproliferative diseases" to "myeloproliferative neoplasms". This reflects the underlying clonal genetic changes that are a salient feature of this group of disease.
|Specialty:||Hematology And Oncology|
|MeSH Codes:||D009196, D009196, D009196, D009196|
|ICD 9 Codes:||205.1, 238.4, 289.89, 289.9|
Coding Notes for D47.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Chronic neutrophilic leukemia
- Myeloproliferative disease, unspecified
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Atypical chronic myeloid leukemia BCR/ABL-negative - instead, use code C92.2-
- Chronic myeloid leukemia BCR/ABL-positive - instead, use code C92.1-
- Myelofibrosis NOS - instead, use code D75.81
- Myelophthisic anemia - instead, use code D61.82
- Myelophthisis - instead, use code D61.82
- Secondary myelofibrosis NOS - instead, use code D75.81
- DRG Group #820-822 - Lymphoma and leukemia with major operating room procedure with MCC.
- DRG Group #820-822 - Lymphoma and leukemia with major operating room procedure with CC.
- DRG Group #820-822 - Lymphoma and leukemia with major operating room procedure without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #823-825 - Lymphoma and non-acute leukemia with other operating room procedure with MCC.
- DRG Group #823-825 - Lymphoma and non-acute leukemia with other operating room procedure with CC.
- DRG Group #823-825 - Lymphoma and non-acute leukemia with other operating room procedure without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #840-842 - Lymphoma and non-acute leukemia with MCC.
- DRG Group #840-842 - Lymphoma and non-acute leukemia with CC.
- DRG Group #840-842 - Lymphoma and non-acute leukemia without CC or MCC.
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'D47.1 - Chronic myeloproliferative disease'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D47.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code D47.1 and a single ICD9 code, 238.79 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.