ICD-10-CM Code D47.4
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
D47.4 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of osteomyelofibrosis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code D474 is used to code Myelofibrosis
Myelofibrosis, also known as osteomyelofibrosis, is a rare bone marrow cancer. It is currently classified as a myeloproliferative neoplasm, in which the proliferation of an abnormal clone of hematopoietic stem cells in the bone marrow and other sites results in fibrosis, or the replacement of the marrow with scar tissue.
|Specialty:||Hematology And Oncology|
|ICD 9 Code:||289.83|
Coding Notes for D47.4 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Chronic idiopathic myelofibrosis
- Myelofibrosis (idiopathic) (with myeloid metaplasia)
- Myelosclerosis (megakaryocytic) with myeloid metaplasia
- Secondary myelofibrosis in myeloproliferative disease
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Acute myelofibrosis - instead, use code C94.4-
- DRG Group #814-816 - Reticuloendothelial and immunity disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #814-816 - Reticuloendothelial and immunity disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #814-816 - Reticuloendothelial and immunity disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Ischemic myelofibrosis (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for morphology code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'D47.4 - Osteomyelofibrosis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D47.4. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code D47.4 and a single ICD9 code, 289.89 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.