ICD-10-CM Code D59.1
Other autoimmune hemolytic anemias
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
D59.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other autoimmune hemolytic anemias. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code D591 is used to code Warm autoimmune hemolytic anemia
Warm Antibody Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia (WAIHA) is the most common of the autoimmune hemolytic diseases. About half of the cases are idiopathic, with the other half attributable to a predisposing condition or medications being taken. Contrary to cold autoimmune hemolytic anemia (e.g. cold agglutinin disease and paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria) which happens in cold temperature (28-31°C), WAIHA happens in body temperature.
|MeSH Codes:||, D000744|
|ICD 9 Codes:||283.0, 283.0|
Coding Notes for D59.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Autoimmune hemolytic disease (cold type) (warm type)
- Chronic cold hemagglutinin disease
- Cold agglutinin disease
- Cold agglutinin hemoglobinuria
- Cold type (secondary) (symptomatic) hemolytic anemia
- Warm type (secondary) (symptomatic) hemolytic anemia
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Evans syndrome - instead, use code D69.41
- Hemolytic disease of newborn - instead, use code P55.-
- Paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria - instead, use code D59.6
- DRG Group #808-810 - Major hematol or immun diagnoses except sickle cell crisis and coagul with MCC.
- DRG Group #808-810 - Major hematol or immun diagnoses except sickle cell crisis and coagul with CC.
- DRG Group #808-810 - Major hematol or immun diagnoses except sickle cell crisis and coagul without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Chronic idiopathic autoimmune hemolytic anemia (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'D59.1 - Other autoimmune hemolytic anemias'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D59.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code D59.1 and a single ICD9 code, 283.0 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.