ICD-10-CM Code D59.2
Drug-induced nonautoimmune hemolytic anemia
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
D59.2 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of drug-induced nonautoimmune hemolytic anemia. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code D592 is used to code Drug-induced nonautoimmune hemolytic anemia
Drug-induced nonautoimmune hemolytic anemia is a form of hemolytic anemia.
|ICD 9 Code:||283|
Coding Notes for D59.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Drug-induced enzyme deficiency anemia
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code for adverse effect, if applicable, to identify drug See Section T36-T50 with fifth or sixth character 5)
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
- DRG Group #808-810 - Major hematol or immun diagnoses except sickle cell crisis and coagul with MCC.
- DRG Group #808-810 - Major hematol or immun diagnoses except sickle cell crisis and coagul with CC.
- DRG Group #808-810 - Major hematol or immun diagnoses except sickle cell crisis and coagul without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'D59.2 - Drug-induced nonautoimmune hemolytic anemia'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D59.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code D59.2 and a single ICD9 code, 283.19 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.