ICD-10-CM Code D59.4
Other nonautoimmune hemolytic anemias
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
D59.4 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other nonautoimmune hemolytic anemias. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code D594 is used to code Microangiopathic hemolytic anemia
In medicine (hematology) microangiopathic hemolytic anemia (MAHA) is a microangiopathic subgroup of hemolytic anemia (loss of red blood cells through destruction) caused by factors in the small blood vessels. It is identified by the finding of anemia and schistocytes on microscopy of the blood film.
|ICD 9 Code:||283.19|
Coding Notes for D59.4 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Mechanical hemolytic anemia
- Microangiopathic hemolytic anemia
- Toxic hemolytic anemia
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
- DRG Group #808-810 - Major hematol or immun diagnoses except sickle cell crisis and coagul with MCC.
- DRG Group #808-810 - Major hematol or immun diagnoses except sickle cell crisis and coagul with CC.
- DRG Group #808-810 - Major hematol or immun diagnoses except sickle cell crisis and coagul without CC or MCC.
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
- Possible requirement for causative agent code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'D59.4 - Other nonautoimmune hemolytic anemias'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D59.4. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code D59.4 and a single ICD9 code, 283.19 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.