ICD-10-CM Code D61.82
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
D61.82 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of myelophthisis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code D61 is used to code Anemia
Anemia, also spelt anaemia, is usually defined as a decrease in the amount of red blood cells (RBCs) or hemoglobin in the blood. It can also be defined as a lowered ability of the blood to carry oxygen. When anemia comes on slowly the symptoms are often vague and may include: feeling tired, weakness, shortness of breath or a poor ability to exercise. Anemia that comes on quickly often has greater symptoms which may include: confusion, feeling like one is going to pass out, loss of consciousness, or increased thirst. Anemia must be significant before a person becomes noticeably pale. Additional symptoms may occur depending on the underlying cause.
|MeSH Codes:||D000740, D000740, D000740, D000740, D000740, D000740|
|ICD 9 Codes:||280, 281, 283, 282, 284, 285|
Human blood from a case of iron-deficiency anemia
Coding Notes for D61.82 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Leukoerythroblastic anemia
- Myelophthisic anemia
Code Also Note:
Code AlsoA Code Also note indicates that two or more codes may be required to fully describe a condition, but the order of codes is at the coder's discretion. Code order depends on the severity of the conditions and the reason for the encounter.
- The underlying disorder, such as:
- Malignant neoplasm of breast See code C50.-
- Tuberculosis See code A15.-
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Idiopathic myelofibrosis - instead, use code D47.1
- Myelofibrosis NOS - instead, use code D75.81
- Myelofibrosis with myeloid metaplasia - instead, use code D47.4
- Primary myelofibrosis - instead, use code D47.1
- Secondary myelofibrosis - instead, use code D75.81
- DRG Group #820-822 - Lymphoma and leukemia with major operating room procedure with MCC.
- DRG Group #820-822 - Lymphoma and leukemia with major operating room procedure with CC.
- DRG Group #820-822 - Lymphoma and leukemia with major operating room procedure without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #823-825 - Lymphoma and non-acute leukemia with other operating room procedure with MCC.
- DRG Group #823-825 - Lymphoma and non-acute leukemia with other operating room procedure with CC.
- DRG Group #823-825 - Lymphoma and non-acute leukemia with other operating room procedure without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #840-842 - Lymphoma and non-acute leukemia with MCC.
- DRG Group #840-842 - Lymphoma and non-acute leukemia with CC.
- DRG Group #840-842 - Lymphoma and non-acute leukemia without CC or MCC.
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'D61.82 - Myelophthisis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D61.82. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 284.2 was previously used, D61.82 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.