ICD-10-CM Code D68.62
Lupus anticoagulant syndrome
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
D68.62 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of lupus anticoagulant syndrome. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code D686 is used to code Antiphospholipid syndrome
Antiphospholipid syndrome or antiphospholipid antibody syndrome (APS or APLS), or often also Hughes syndrome, is an autoimmune, hypercoagulable state caused by antiphospholipid antibodies. APS provokes blood clots (thrombosis) in both arteries and veins as well as pregnancy-related complications such as miscarriage, stillbirth, preterm delivery, and severe preeclampsia.
|ICD 9 Code:||289.81|
Micrograph showing an advanced thrombotic microangiopathy, as may be seen in ALPA syndrome. Kidney biopsy. PAS stain.
Coding Notes for D68.62 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Lupus anticoagulant
- Presence of systemic lupus erythematosus [SLE] inhibitor
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Anticardiolipin syndrome - instead, use code D68.61
- Antiphospholipid syndrome - instead, use code D68.61
- Lupus anticoagulant (LAC) finding without diagnosis - instead, use code R79.0
- Lupus anticoagulant (LAC) with hemorrhagic disorder - instead, use code D68.312
- DRG Group #814-816 - Reticuloendothelial and immunity disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #814-816 - Reticuloendothelial and immunity disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #814-816 - Reticuloendothelial and immunity disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Lupus anticoagulant disorder (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'D68.62 - Lupus anticoagulant syndrome'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D68.62. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code D68.62 and a single ICD9 code, 289.81 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.