ICD-10-CM Code D69
Purpura and other hemorrhagic conditions
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code D69 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the nine child codes of D69 that describes the diagnosis 'purpura and other hemorrhagic conditions' in more detail.
- D69 Purpura and other hemorrhagic conditions NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE D69.0
- BILLABLE D69.1
- BILLABLE D69.2
- BILLABLE D69.3
- D69.4 NON-BILLABLE
- D69.41 Evans syndrome BILLABLE
- D69.42 Congenital and hereditary thrombocytopenia purpura BILLABLE
- D69.49 Other primary thrombocytopenia BILLABLE
- D69.5 NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE D69.6
- BILLABLE D69.8 hemorrhagic conditions
- BILLABLE D69.9
The ICD code D69 is used to code Purpura
Purpura is a condition of red or purple discolored spots on the skin that do not blanch on applying pressure. The spots are caused by bleeding underneath the skin usually secondary to vasculitis or dietary deficiency of vitamin C (scurvy). They measure 0.3–1 cm (3–10 mm), whereas petechiae measure less than 3 mm, and ecchymoses greater than 1 cm.
|ICD 9 Code:||287|
Petechiae and purpura on the lower limb due to medication induced vasculitis
Coding Notes for D69 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Benign hypergammaglobulinemic purpura - instead, use code D89.0
- Cryoglobulinemic purpura - instead, use code D89.1
- Essential (hemorrhagic) thrombocythemia - instead, use code D47.3
- Hemorrhagic thrombocythemia - instead, use code D47.3
- Purpura fulminans - instead, use Code D65
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura - instead, use code M31.1
- Waldenström hypergammaglobulinemic purpura - instead, use code D89.0
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'D69 - Purpura and other hemorrhagic conditions'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D69. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.