ICD-10-CM Code D70.0
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
D70.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of congenital agranulocytosis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code D70 is used to code Kostmann syndrome
Kostmann syndrome is a group of diseases that affect myelopoiesis, causing a congenital form of neutropenia (severe congenital neutropenia [SCN]), usually without other physical malformations. SCN manifests in infancy with life-threatening bacterial infections.
|MeSH Codes:||C537592, D000380|
|ICD 9 Codes:||288.01, 288.0|
Coding Notes for D70.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Congenital neutropenia
- Infantile genetic agranulocytosis
- Kostmann's disease
- DRG Group #808-810 - Major hematol or immun diagnoses except sickle cell crisis and coagul with MCC.
- DRG Group #808-810 - Major hematol or immun diagnoses except sickle cell crisis and coagul with CC.
- DRG Group #808-810 - Major hematol or immun diagnoses except sickle cell crisis and coagul without CC or MCC.
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'D70.0 - Congenital agranulocytosis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D70.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 288.01 was previously used, D70.0 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.