ICD-10-CM Code D81.9
Combined immunodeficiency, unspecified
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
D81.9 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of combined immunodeficiency, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code D81 is used to code Combined immunodeficiencies
Coding Notes for D81.9 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Severe combined immunodeficiency disorder [SCID] NOS
- DRG Group #808-810 - Major hematol or immun diagnoses except sickle cell crisis and coagul with MCC.
- DRG Group #808-810 - Major hematol or immun diagnoses except sickle cell crisis and coagul with CC.
- DRG Group #808-810 - Major hematol or immun diagnoses except sickle cell crisis and coagul without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Lymphopenic agammaglobulinemia - short-limbed dwarfism syndrome (disorder)
- Severe combined immunodeficiency due to absent lymphoid stem cells (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'D81.9 - Combined immunodeficiency, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D81.9. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code D81.9 and a single ICD9 code, 279.2 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.