ICD-10-CM Code D89.81
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code D89.81 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of D89.81 that describes the diagnosis 'graft-versus-host disease' in more detail.
- D89.81 Graft-versus-host disease NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code D89 is used to code Immune disorder
An immune disorder is a dysfunction of the immune system. These disorders can be characterized in several different ways:
|ICD 9 Code:||273.279|
Coding Notes for D89.81 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
- Underlying cause, such as:
- Complications of transplanted organs and tissue See code T86.-
- Complications of blood transfusion See code T80.89
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code to identify associated manifestations, such as:
- Desquamative dermatitis See code L30.8
- Diarrhea See code R19.7
- Elevated bilirubin See Code R17
- Hair loss See code L65.9
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'D89.81 - Graft-versus-host disease'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code D89.81. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.