ICD-10-CM Code E04.1
Nontoxic single thyroid nodule
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
E04.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of nontoxic single thyroid nodule. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code E041 is used to code Thyroid nodule
Thyroid nodules are lumps which commonly arise within an otherwise normal thyroid gland. They indicate a thyroid neoplasm, but only a small percentage of these are thyroid cancers.
|ICD 9 Code:
Human thyroid with cancer nodules
Coding Notes for E04.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Colloid nodule (cystic) (thyroid)
- Nontoxic uninodular goiter
- Thyroid (cystic) nodule NOS
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'E04.1 - Nontoxic single thyroid nodule'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code E04.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code E04.1 and a single ICD9 code, 246.2 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.