ICD-10-CM Code E06.2
Chronic thyroiditis with transient thyrotoxicosis
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
E06.2 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of chronic thyroiditis with transient thyrotoxicosis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code E06 is used to code Thyroiditis
Thyroiditis is the inflammation of the thyroid gland. The thyroid gland is located on the front of the neck below the laryngeal prominence, and makes hormones that control metabolism.
|ICD 9 Code:||245|
Above shows two parts of the thyroid that could potentially be affected if diagnosed with thyroiditis.
Coding Notes for E06.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Autoimmune thyroiditis - instead, use code E06.3
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Chronic thyroiditis with transient thyrotoxicosis (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'E06.2 - Chronic thyroiditis with transient thyrotoxicosis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code E06.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code E06.2 and a single ICD9 code, 245.8 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.