ICD-10-CM Code E06.5
Other chronic thyroiditis
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
E06.5 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other chronic thyroiditis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code E065 is used to code Ord's thyroiditis
Coding Notes for E06.5 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Chronic fibrous thyroiditis
- Chronic thyroiditis NOS
- Ligneous thyroiditis
- Riedel thyroiditis
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'E06.5 - Other chronic thyroiditis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code E06.5. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code E06.5 and a single ICD9 code, 245.8 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.