ICD-10-CM Code E06.9
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
E06.9 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of thyroiditis, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code E06 is used to code Thyroiditis
Thyroiditis is the inflammation of the thyroid gland. The thyroid gland is located on the front of the neck below the laryngeal prominence, and makes hormones that control metabolism.
|ICD 9 Code:||245|
Above shows two parts of the thyroid that could potentially be affected if diagnosed with thyroiditis.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #011-013 - Tracheostomy for face, mouth and neck diagnoses without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #643-645 - Endocrine disorders without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'E06.9 - Thyroiditis, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code E06.9. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 245.9 was previously used, E06.9 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.