ICD-10-CM Code E56.0
Deficiency of vitamin E
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
E56.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of deficiency of vitamin E. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code E560 is used to code Vitamin E deficiency
Vitamin E deficiency causes nerve problems due to poor conduction of electrical impulses along nerves due to changes in nerve membrane structure and function.
|ICD 9 Code:||269.1|
- DRG Group #640-641 - Misc disorders of nutrition, metabolism, fluids or electrolytes with MCC.
- DRG Group #640-641 - Misc disorders of nutrition, metabolism, fluids or electrolytes without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Dietary deficiency of selenium AND vitamin E (disorder)
- Ataxia with vitamin E deficiency (disorder)
- Vitamin E deficiency (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'E56.0 - Deficiency of vitamin E'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code E56.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code E56.0 and a single ICD9 code, 269.1 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.