ICD-10-CM Code E61
Deficiency of other nutrient elements
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code E61 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of E61 that describes the diagnosis 'deficiency of other nutrient elements' in more detail.
- E61 Deficiency of other nutrient elements NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code E61 is used to code Mineral deficiency
Mineral deficiency refers to a hypoalimentation of dietary minerals.
|ICD 9 Code:||269.3|
Coding Notes for E61 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code for adverse effect, if applicable, to identify drug See Section T36-T50 with fifth or sixth character 5)
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Disorders of mineral metabolism - instead, use code E83.-
- Iodine deficiency related thyroid disorders - instead, use Section E00-E02
- Sequelae of malnutrition and other nutritional deficiencies - instead, use code E64.-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'E61 - Deficiency of other nutrient elements'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code E61. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.