ICD-10-CM Code E61.8
Deficiency of other specified nutrient elements
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
E61.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of deficiency of other specified nutrient elements. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code E61 is used to code Mineral deficiency
Mineral deficiency refers to a hypoalimentation of dietary minerals.
|ICD 9 Code:||269.3|
- DRG Group #640-641 - Misc disorders of nutrition, metabolism, fluids or electrolytes with MCC.
- DRG Group #640-641 - Misc disorders of nutrition, metabolism, fluids or electrolytes without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Inadequate plant stanol ester intake (finding)
- Inadequate plant sterol ester intake (finding)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'E61.8 - Deficiency of other specified nutrient elements'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code E61.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code E61.8 and a single ICD9 code, 269.8 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.