ICD-10-CM Code E63
Other nutritional deficiencies
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code E63 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of E63 that describes the diagnosis 'other nutritional deficiencies' in more detail.
- E63 Other nutritional deficiencies NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for E63 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Dehydration - instead, use code E86.0
- Failure to thrive, adult - instead, use code R62.7
- Failure to thrive, child - instead, use code R62.51
- Feeding problems in newborn - instead, use code P92.-
- Sequelae of malnutrition and other nutritional deficiencies - instead, use code E64.-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'E63 - Other nutritional deficiencies'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code E63. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.