ICD-10-CM Code E66.8
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
E66.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other obesity. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code E66 is used to code Childhood obesity
Childhood obesity is a condition where excess body fat negatively affects a child's health or well-being. As methods to determine body fat directly are difficult, the diagnosis of obesity is often based on BMI. Due to the rising prevalence of obesity in children and its many adverse health effects it is being recognized as a serious public health concern. The term overweight rather than obese is often used in children as it is less stigmatizing.
|ICD 9 Code:||278|
Children with varying degrees of body fat.
- DRG Group #640-641 - Misc disorders of nutrition, metabolism, fluids or electrolytes with MCC.
- DRG Group #640-641 - Misc disorders of nutrition, metabolism, fluids or electrolytes without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Proopiomelanocortin deficiency syndrome (disorder)
- Hyperplastic obesity (disorder)
- Constitutional obesity (disorder)
- Central obesity (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'E66.8 - Other obesity'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code E66.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code E66.8 and a single ICD9 code, 278.00 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.