ICD-10-CM Code E71
Disorders of branched-chain amino-acid metabolism and fatty-acid metabolism
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code E71 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the six child codes of E71 that describes the diagnosis 'disord of branched-chain amino-acid metab & fatty-acid metab' in more detail.
- E71 Disorders of branched-chain amino-acid metabolism and fatty-acid metabolism NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE E71.0
- E71.1 of branched-chain amino-acid metabolism NON-BILLABLE
- E71.11 Branched-chain organic acidurias NON-BILLABLE
- E71.12 Disorders of propionate metabolism NON-BILLABLE
- E71.19 Other disorders of branched-chain amino-acid metabolism BILLABLE
- BILLABLE E71.2 of branched-chain amino-acid
- E71.3 Disorders of fatty-acid metabolism NON-BILLABLE
- E71.4 Disorders of metabolism NON-BILLABLE
- E71.5 NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code E71 is used to code Congenital disorders of amino acid metabolism
Inborn errors of amino acid metabolism are metabolic disorders which impair the synthesis and degradation of amino acids.
|ICD 9 Code:||270|
The general structure of an α-amino acid, with the amino group on the left and the carboxyl group on the right.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'E71 - Disorders of branched-chain amino-acid metabolism and fatty-acid metabolism'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code E71. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.