ICD-10-CM Code E72
Other disorders of amino-acid metabolism
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code E72 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the eight child codes of E72 that describes the diagnosis 'other disorders of amino-acid metabolism' in more detail.
- E72 Other disorders of amino-acid metabolism NON-BILLABLE
- E72.0 of amino-acid NON-BILLABLE
- E72.1 of amino-acid metabolism NON-BILLABLE
- E72.2 of metabolism NON-BILLABLE
- E72.20 Disorder of urea cycle metabolism, unspecified BILLABLE
- E72.21 Argininemia BILLABLE
- E72.22 Arginosuccinic aciduria BILLABLE
- E72.23 Citrullinemia BILLABLE
- E72.29 Other disorders of urea cycle metabolism BILLABLE
- BILLABLE E72.3 of metabolism
- BILLABLE E72.4 of metabolism
- E72.5 of metabolism NON-BILLABLE
- E72.50 Disorder of glycine metabolism, unspecified BILLABLE
- E72.51 Non-ketotic hyperglycinemia BILLABLE
- E72.52 Trimethylaminuria BILLABLE
- E72.53 Hyperoxaluria BILLABLE
- E72.59 Other disorders of glycine metabolism BILLABLE
- BILLABLE E72.8 Other disorders of amino-acid metabolism
- BILLABLE E72.9 of amino-acid
The ICD code E72 is used to code Congenital disorders of amino acid metabolism
Inborn errors of amino acid metabolism are metabolic disorders which impair the synthesis and degradation of amino acids.
|ICD 9 Code:||270|
The general structure of an α-amino acid, with the amino group on the left and the carboxyl group on the right.
Coding Notes for E72 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Disorders of:
- Aromatic amino-acid metabolism - instead, use code E70.-
- Branched-chain amino-acid metabolism (E71.0-E71.2) - instead, use code E71.0-
- Fatty-acid metabolism - instead, use code E71.3
- Purine and pyrimidine metabolism - instead, use code E79.-
- Gout (M1A.-, M10.-) - instead, use code M1A.-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'E72 - Other disorders of amino-acid metabolism'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code E72. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.