ICD-10-CM Code E74
Other disorders of carbohydrate metabolism
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code E74 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the seven child codes of E74 that describes the diagnosis 'other disorders of carbohydrate metabolism' in more detail.
- E74 Other disorders of carbohydrate metabolism NON-BILLABLE
- E74.0 NON-BILLABLE
- E74.1 of metabolism NON-BILLABLE
- E74.2 of metabolism NON-BILLABLE
- E74.3 Other disorders of carbohydrate NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE E74.4 of metabolism
- BILLABLE E74.8 Other disorders of carbohydrate metabolism
- BILLABLE E74.9 of carbohydrate
The ICD code E74 is used to code Inborn errors of carbohydrate metabolism
Inborn errors of carbohydrate metabolism are inborn error of metabolism that affect the catabolism and anabolism of carbohydrates.
|ICD 9 Code:||271|
Coding Notes for E74 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Diabetes mellitus - instead, use Section E08-E13
- Hypoglycemia NOS - instead, use code E16.2
- Increased secretion of glucagon - instead, use code E16.3
- Mucopolysaccharidosis (E76.0-E76.3) - instead, use code E76.0-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'E74 - Other disorders of carbohydrate metabolism'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code E74. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.