ICD-10-CM Code E88
Other and unspecified metabolic disorders
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code E88 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the seven child codes of E88 that describes the diagnosis 'other and unspecified metabolic disorders' in more detail.
- E88 Other and unspecified metabolic disorders NON-BILLABLE
- E88.0 NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE E88.1
- BILLABLE E88.2
- BILLABLE E88.3
- E88.4 disorders NON-BILLABLE
- E88.40 Mitochondrial metabolism disorder, unspecified BILLABLE
- E88.41 MELAS syndrome BILLABLE
- E88.42 MERRF syndrome BILLABLE
- E88.49 Other mitochondrial metabolism disorders BILLABLE
- E88.8 Other metabolic disorders NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE E88.9 unspecified
Coding Notes for E88 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Codes for associated conditions
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Histiocytosis X (chronic) - instead, use code C96.6
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'E88 - Other and unspecified metabolic disorders'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code E88. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.