ICD-10-CM Code E88.4
Mitochondrial metabolism disorders
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code E88.4 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of E88.4 that describes the diagnosis 'mitochondrial metabolism disorders' in more detail.
- E88.4 Mitochondrial metabolism disorders NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE E88.40 Mitochondrial metabolism
- BILLABLE E88.41
- BILLABLE E88.42
- BILLABLE E88.49 metabolism disorders
Coding Notes for E88.4 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Disorders of pyruvate metabolism - instead, use code E74.4
- Kearns-Sayre syndrome - instead, use code H49.81
- Leber's disease - instead, use code H47.22
- Leigh's encephalopathy - instead, use code G31.82
- Mitochondrial myopathy, NEC - instead, use code G71.3
- Reye's syndrome - instead, use code G93.7
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'E88.4 - Mitochondrial metabolism disorders'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code E88.4. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Parent Code: E88 - Other and unspecified metabolic disorders