ICD-10-CM Code E88.9
Metabolic disorder, unspecified
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
E88.9 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of metabolic disorder, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
- DRG Group #642 - Inborn and other disorders of metabolism.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Restrictive cardiomyopathy secondary to familial storage disease (disorder)
- Metabolic presbycusis (disorder)
- Carnitine deficiency due to inborn error of metabolism (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
- Possible requirement for causative disease code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'E88.9 - Metabolic disorder, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code E88.9. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code E88.9 and a single ICD9 code, 277.9 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.