ICD-10-CM Code E89.41
Symptomatic postprocedural ovarian failure
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
E89.41 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of symptomatic postprocedural ovarian failure. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for E89.41 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Symptoms such as flushing, sleeplessness, headache, lack of concentration, associated with postprocedural menopause
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Postsurgical menopause (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'E89.41 - Symptomatic postprocedural ovarian failure'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code E89.41. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code E89.41 and a single ICD9 code, 256.2 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.