ICD-10-CM Code F07.0
Personality change due to known physiological condition
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Mental Health CodeIndicates that the ICD code is referenced in DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Version 5)
F07.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of personality change due to known physiological condition. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code F070 is used to code Klüver-Bucy syndrome
Klüver–Bucy syndrome is a syndrome resulting from bilateral lesions of the medial temporal lobe (including amygdaloid nucleus). Klüver–Bucy syndrome may present with hyperphagia, hypersexuality, hyperorality, visual agnosia, and docility.
|ICD 9 Code:||310.0|
Coding Notes for F07.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Frontal lobe syndrome
- Limbic epilepsy personality syndrome
- Lobotomy syndrome
- Organic personality disorder
- Organic pseudopsychopathic personality
- Organic pseudoretarded personality
- Postleucotomy syndrome
- Underlying physiological condition
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Mild cognitive impairment - instead, use code G31.84
- Postconcussional syndrome - instead, use code F07.81
- Postencephalitic syndrome - instead, use code F07.89
- Signs and symptoms involving emotional state - instead, use code R45.-
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Specific personality disorder - instead, use code F60.-
- DRG Group #884 - Organic disturbances and mental retardation.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Psychoactive substance-induced organic personality disorder (disorder)
- Frontal lobe syndrome (disorder)
- Lobotomy syndrome (disorder)
- Organic pseudopsychopathic personality (disorder)
- Postleucotomy syndrome (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'F07.0 - Personality change due to known physiological condition'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code F07.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code F07.0 and a single ICD9 code, 310.1 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.