ICD-10-CM Code F11.9
Opioid use, unspecified
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code F11.9 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the seven child codes of F11.9 that describes the diagnosis 'opioid use, unspecified' in more detail.
- F11.9 Opioid use, unspecified NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE F11.90 Opioid use, unspecified, uncomplicated
- F11.92 Opioid use, unspecified with intoxication NON-BILLABLE
- F11.920 Opioid use, unspecified with intoxication, uncomplicated BILLABLE
- F11.921 Opioid use, unspecified with intoxication delirium BILLABLE
- F11.922 Opioid use, unspecified with intoxication with perceptual disturbance BILLABLE
- F11.929 Opioid use, unspecified with intoxication, unspecified BILLABLE
- BILLABLE F11.93 Opioid use, unspecified with withdrawal
- BILLABLE F11.94 Opioid use, unspecified with opioid-induced mood disorder
- F11.95 Opioid use, unspecified with opioid-induced psychotic disorder NON-BILLABLE
- F11.98 Opioid use, unspecified with other specified opioid-induced disorder NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE F11.99 Opioid use, unspecified with unspecified opioid-induced disorder
The ICD code F11 is used to code Substance use disorder
Substance use disorder, also known as drug use disorder, is a condition in which the use of one or more substances leads to a clinically significant impairment or distress. Although the term substance can refer to any physical matter, 'substance' in this context is limited to psychoactive drugs. Substance Use Disorder refers to the overuse of, or dependence on, a drug leading to effects that are detrimental to the individual's physical and mental health, or the welfare of others.
|D019966, D019966, D019966, D013375
|ICD 9 Codes:
|303, 304, 305, 292.0
Coding Notes for F11.9 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'F11.9 - Opioid use, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code F11.9. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.