ICD-10-CM Code F12
Cannabis related disorders
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code F12 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of F12 that describes the diagnosis 'cannabis related disorders' in more detail.
- F12 Cannabis related disorders NON-BILLABLE
- F12.1 Cannabis NON-BILLABLE
- F12.10 Cannabis abuse, uncomplicated BILLABLE
- F12.12 Cannabis abuse with intoxication NON-BILLABLE
- F12.15 Cannabis abuse with psychotic disorder NON-BILLABLE
- F12.18 Cannabis abuse with other cannabis-induced disorder NON-BILLABLE
- F12.19 Cannabis abuse with unspecified cannabis-induced disorder BILLABLE
- F12.2 Cannabis NON-BILLABLE
- F12.20 Cannabis dependence, uncomplicated BILLABLE
- F12.21 Cannabis dependence, in remission BILLABLE
- F12.22 Cannabis dependence with intoxication NON-BILLABLE
- F12.25 Cannabis dependence with psychotic disorder NON-BILLABLE
- F12.28 Cannabis dependence with other cannabis-induced disorder NON-BILLABLE
- F12.29 Cannabis dependence with unspecified cannabis-induced disorder BILLABLE
- F12.9 Cannabis NON-BILLABLE
- F12.90 Cannabis use, unspecified, uncomplicated BILLABLE
- F12.92 Cannabis use, unspecified with intoxication NON-BILLABLE
- F12.95 Cannabis use, unspecified with psychotic disorder NON-BILLABLE
- F12.98 Cannabis use, unspecified with other cannabis-induced disorder NON-BILLABLE
- F12.99 Cannabis use, unspecified with unspecified cannabis-induced disorder BILLABLE
The ICD code F12 is used to code Substance use disorder
Substance use disorder, also known as drug use disorder, is a condition in which the use of one or more substances leads to a clinically significant impairment or distress. Although the term substance can refer to any physical matter, 'substance' in this context is limited to psychoactive drugs. Substance Use Disorder refers to the overuse of, or dependence on, a drug leading to effects that are detrimental to the individual's physical and mental health, or the welfare of others.
|MeSH Codes:||D019966, D019966, D019966, D013375, D019966, D019966|
|ICD 9 Codes:||303, 304, 305, 292.0, 303, 304|
Coding Notes for F12 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Includes Notes:
IncludesIncludes notes further define, or give examples of, conditions included in the section.