ICD-10-CM Code F16.2
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code F16.2 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the seven child codes of F16.2 that describes the diagnosis 'hallucinogen dependence' in more detail.
- F16.2 Hallucinogen dependence NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE F16.20 Hallucinogen
- BILLABLE F16.21 Hallucinogen
- F16.22 Hallucinogen dependence NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE F16.24 Hallucinogen dependence
- F16.25 Hallucinogen dependence NON-BILLABLE
- F16.250 Hallucinogen dependence with hallucinogen-induced psychotic disorder with delusions BILLABLE
- F16.251 Hallucinogen dependence with hallucinogen-induced psychotic disorder with hallucinations BILLABLE
- F16.259 Hallucinogen dependence with hallucinogen-induced psychotic disorder, unspecified BILLABLE
- F16.28 Hallucinogen dependence NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE F16.29 Hallucinogen dependence
The ICD code F16 is used to code Substance dependence
Substance dependence also known as drug dependence is an adaptive state that develops from repeated drug administration, and which results in withdrawal upon cessation of drug use. A drug addiction, a distinct concept from substance dependence, is defined as compulsive, out-of-control drug use, despite negative consequences. An addictive drug is a drug which is both rewarding and reinforcing. ΔFosB, a gene transcription factor, is now known to be a critical component and common factor in the development of virtually all forms of behavioral addiction and drug addictions, but not dependence.
|MeSH Codes:||D019966, D019966, D019966, D019966, D019966, D013375|
|ICD 9 Codes:||303, 304, 303, 304, 305, 292.0|
Coding Notes for F16.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'F16.2 - Hallucinogen dependence'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code F16.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.