ICD-10-CM Code F19.23
Other psychoactive substance dependence with withdrawal
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code F19.23 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of F19.23 that describes the diagnosis 'other psychoactive substance dependence with withdrawal' in more detail.
- F19.23 Other psychoactive substance dependence with withdrawal NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE F19.230 Other psychoactive substance dependence with withdrawal, uncomplicated
- BILLABLE F19.231 Other psychoactive substance dependence with withdrawal delirium
- BILLABLE F19.232 Other psychoactive substance dependence with withdrawal with perceptual disturbance
- BILLABLE F19.239 Other psychoactive substance dependence with withdrawal, unspecified
The ICD code F192 is used to code Substance dependence
Substance dependence also known as drug dependence is an adaptive state that develops from repeated drug administration, and which results in withdrawal upon cessation of drug use. A drug addiction, a distinct concept from substance dependence, is defined as compulsive, out-of-control drug use, despite negative consequences. An addictive drug is a drug which is both rewarding and reinforcing. ΔFosB, a gene transcription factor, is now known to be a critical component and common factor in the development of virtually all forms of behavioral addiction and drug addictions, but not dependence.
|ICD 9 Codes:
Coding Notes for F19.23 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Other psychoactive substance dependence with intoxication - instead, use code F19.22-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'F19.23 - Other psychoactive substance dependence with withdrawal'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code F19.23. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.