ICD-10-CM Code F45
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code F45 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the six child codes of F45 that describes the diagnosis 'somatoform disorders' in more detail.
- F45 Somatoform disorders NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE F45.0
- BILLABLE F45.1
- F45.2 disorders NON-BILLABLE
- F45.4 disorders NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE F45.8 disorders
- BILLABLE F45.9 Somatoform
The ICD code F45 is used to code Multiple chemical sensitivity
Multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS) or idiopathic environmental intolerances (IEI) is a chronic medical condition and syndrome characterized by symptoms that the affected person attributes to low-level chemical exposures to commonly used chemicals. Commonly attributed substances include scented products, pesticides, plastics, synthetic fabrics, smoke, petroleum products, and paint fumes. Symptoms are subjective and vague. Symptoms are also non-specific, meaning that they are common symptoms, such as fatigue or headaches, that are present in hundreds of other illnesses. Commonly reported symptoms also include nausea, dizziness, and inflammation of skin, joints, gastrointestinal tract and airways.
|MeSH Codes:||D018777, D018777, D013001|
|ICD 9 Codes:||300, 995.3, 300.8|
Coding Notes for F45 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Dissociative and conversion disorders - instead, use code F44.-
- Factitious disorders - instead, use code F68.1-
- Hair-plucking - instead, use code F63.3
- Lalling - instead, use code F80.0
- Lisping - instead, use code F80.0
- Malingering [conscious simulation] - instead, use code Z76.5
- Nail-biting - instead, use code F98.8
- Psychological or behavioral factors associated with disorders or diseases classified elsewhere - instead, use Code F54
- Sexual dysfunction, not due to a substance or known physiological condition - instead, use code F52.-
- Thumb-sucking - instead, use code F98.8
- Tic disorders (in childhood and adolescence) - instead, use code F95.-
- Tourette's syndrome - instead, use code F95.2
- Trichotillomania - instead, use code F63.3
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'F45 - Somatoform disorders'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code F45. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.