ICD-10-CM Code F51
Sleep disorders not due to a substance or known physiological condition
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code F51 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the seven child codes of F51 that describes the diagnosis 'sleep disorders not due to a substance or known physiol cond' in more detail.
- F51 Sleep disorders not due to a substance or known physiological condition NON-BILLABLE
- F51.0 not due to a substance or known physiological condition NON-BILLABLE
- F51.1 not due to a substance or known physiological condition NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE F51.3
- BILLABLE F51.4 Sleep
- BILLABLE F51.5
- BILLABLE F51.8 disorders not due to a substance or known physiological condition
- BILLABLE F51.9 Sleep not due to a substance or known physiological
The ICD code F51 is used to code Sleep disorder
A sleep disorder, or somnipathy, is a medical disorder of the sleep patterns of a person or animal. Some sleep disorders are serious enough to interfere with normal physical, mental, social and emotional functioning. Polysomnography and actigraphy are tests commonly ordered for some sleep disorders.
|MeSH Codes:||D012893, D012893, D012893|
|ICD 9 Codes:||307.4, 327, 780.5|
Coding Notes for F51 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Organic sleep disorders - instead, use code G47.-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'F51 - Sleep disorders not due to a substance or known physiological condition'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code F51. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.