ICD-10-CM Code F80.81
Childhood onset fluency disorder
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Mental Health CodeIndicates that the ICD code is referenced in DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Version 5)
F80.81 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of childhood onset fluency disorder. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code F808 is used to code Lisp
a lisp, also known as sigmatism, is a speech impediment in which a person misarticulates sibilants ([s], [z], [ts], [dz]), ([ʒ], [ʃ], [tʃ], [dʒ]). these misarticulations often result in unclear speech.
|ICD 9 Code:||307.9|
Coding Notes for F80.81 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Cluttering NOS
- Stuttering NOS
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Adult onset fluency disorder - instead, use code F98.5
- Fluency disorder in conditions classified elsewhere - instead, use code R47.82
- Fluency disorder (stuttering) following cerebrovascular disease (I69. with final characters -23) - instead, use code I69.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system with MCC.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system with CC.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Primary stuttering (finding)
- Psychogenic stammering (disorder)
- Borderline stuttering (finding)
- Childhood onset fluency disorder (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'F80.81 - Childhood onset fluency disorder'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code F80.81. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 315.35 was previously used, F80.81 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.