ICD-10-CM Code G04.39
Other acute necrotizing hemorrhagic encephalopathy
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
G04.39 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other acute necrotizing hemorrhagic encephalopathy. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code G04 is used to code Meningoencephalitis
Meningoencephalitis (/mɪˌnɪŋɡoʊɛnˌsɛfəˈlaɪtᵻs, -ˌnɪndʒoʊ-, -ən-, -ˌkɛ-/; from Greek: meninges- membranes; enkephalos brain; and -itis inflammation) is a medical condition that simultaneously resembles both meningitis, which is an infection or inflammation of the meninges, and encephalitis, which is an infection or inflammation of the brain.
|MeSH Codes:||D888590, D009187, D004679|
|ICD 9 Codes:||323.9, 323, 323|
Coding Notes for G04.39 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Also Note:
Code AlsoA Code Also note indicates that two or more codes may be required to fully describe a condition, but the order of codes is at the coder's discretion. Code order depends on the severity of the conditions and the reason for the encounter.
- Underlying etiology, if applicable
- DRG Group #023-027 - Cranio with major dev impl or acute complex cns pdx with MCC or chemo implant.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Cranio with major dev impl or acute complex cns pdx without MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures with MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures with CC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis with MCC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis with CC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'G04.39 - Other acute necrotizing hemorrhagic encephalopathy'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code G04.39. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code G04.39 and a single ICD9 code, 323.61 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.