ICD-10-CM Code G04.91
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
G04.91 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of myelitis, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code G049 is used to code Ventriculitis
Ventriculitis is the inflammation of the ventricles in the brain. The ventricles are responsible for containing and circulating cerebrospinal fluid throughout the brain. Ventriculitits is caused by infection of the ventricles, leading to swelling and inflammation. This is especially prevalent in patients with external ventricular drains and intraventricular stents. Ventriculitis can cause a wide variety of short-term symptoms and long-term side effects ranging from headaches and dizziness to unconsciousness and death if not treated early. It is treated with some appropriate combination of antibiotics in order to rid the patient of the underlying infection. Much of the current research involving ventriculitis focuses specifically around defining the disease and what causes it. This will allow for much more advancement in the subject. There is also a lot of attention being paid to possible treatments and prevention methods to help make this disease even less prevalent and dangerous.
|ICD 9 Code:||322.9|
Ventricular system (shaded) superimposed on an image of the brain depicting spacial arrangement.Gray's representation of the ventricular system, as viewed from above.Gray's representation of the ventricular system, as viewed from the side.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Cranio with major dev impl or acute complex cns pdx with MCC or chemo implant.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Cranio with major dev impl or acute complex cns pdx without MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures with MCC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures with CC.
- DRG Group #023-027 - Craniotomy and endovascular intracranial procedures without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis with MCC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis with CC.
- DRG Group #097-099 - Non-bacterial infect of nervous system except viral meningitis without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'G04.91 - Myelitis, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code G04.91. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code G04.91 and a single ICD9 code, 323.9 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.