ICD-10-CM Code G09
Sequelae of inflammatory diseases of central nervous system
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
G09 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of sequelae of inflammatory diseases of central nervous system. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for G09 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
- Code Notes:
- Category Code G09 is to be used to indicate conditions whose primary classification is to G00-G08 as the cause of sequelae, themselves classifiable elsewhere. The 'sequelae' include conditions specified as residuals.
- Condition resulting from (sequela) of inflammatory diseases of central nervous system
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system with MCC.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system with CC.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'G09 - Sequelae of inflammatory diseases of central nervous system'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code G09. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
(connective tissue) (embolic) (fistulous) (infective) (metastatic) (multiple) (pernicious) (pyogenic) (septic)
Suppuration, suppurative (see: condition) +
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
Late effects of intracranial abscess or pyogenic infection (approximate match)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code G09 and a single ICD9 code, 326 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.