ICD-10-CM Code G11.9
Hereditary ataxia, unspecified
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
G11.9 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of hereditary ataxia, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for G11.9 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Hereditary cerebellar ataxia NOS
- Hereditary cerebellar degeneration
- Hereditary cerebellar disease
- Hereditary cerebellar syndrome
- DRG Group #058-060 - Multiple sclerosis and cerebellar ataxia with MCC.
- DRG Group #058-060 - Multiple sclerosis and cerebellar ataxia with CC.
- DRG Group #058-060 - Multiple sclerosis and cerebellar ataxia without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Saldino-Mainzer dysplasia (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'G11.9 - Hereditary ataxia, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code G11.9. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code G11.9 and a single ICD9 code, 334.9 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.