ICD-10-CM Code G20
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
G20 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of parkinson's disease. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code G20 is used to code Nervous system disease
Coding Notes for G20 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Idiopathic Parkinsonism or Parkinson's disease
- Paralysis agitans
- Parkinsonism or Parkinson's disease NOS
- Primary Parkinsonism or Parkinson's disease
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Dementia with Parkinsonism - instead, use code G31.83
- DRG Group #056-057 - Degenerative nervous system disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #056-057 - Degenerative nervous system disorders without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Dementia due to Parkinson's disease (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'G20 - Parkinson's disease'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code G20. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code G20 and a single ICD9 code, 332.0 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.