ICD-10-CM Code G24.3
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
G24.3 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of spasmodic torticollis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code G243 is used to code Spasmodic torticollis
Spasmodic torticollis is an extremely painful chronic neurological movement disorder causing the neck to involuntarily turn to the left, right, upwards, and/or downwards. The condition is also referred to as "cervical dystonia". Both agonist and antagonist muscles contract simultaneously during dystonic movement. Causes of the disorder are predominantly idiopathic. A small number of patients develop the disorder as a result of another disorder or disease. Most patients first experience symptoms midlife. The most common treatment for spasmodic torticollis is the use of botulinum toxin type A.
|ICD 9 Code:||333.83|
Muscles of the neck
Coding Notes for G24.3 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Congenital torticollis - instead, use code Q68.0
- Hysterical torticollis - instead, use code F44.4
- Ocular torticollis - instead, use code R29.891
- Psychogenic torticollis - instead, use code F45.8
- Torticollis NOS - instead, use code M43.6
- Traumatic recurrent torticollis - instead, use code S13.4
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system with MCC.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system with CC.
- DRG Group #091-093 - Other disorders of nervous system without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Spasmodic torticollis (disorder)
- Muscle spasm of cervical muscle of neck (disorder)
- Spasmodic retrocollis (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for causative agent code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'G24.3 - Spasmodic torticollis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code G24.3. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 333.83 was previously used, G24.3 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.
Parent Code: G24 - Dystonia