ICD-10-CM Code G31.84
Mild cognitive impairment, so stated
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
G31.84 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of mild cognitive impairment, so stated. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code G318 is used to code Neuropathy, ataxia, and retinitis pigmentosa
Neuropathy, ataxia, and retinitis pigmentosa, also known as NARP syndrome, is a rare disease with mitochondrial inheritance that causes a variety of signs and symptoms chiefly affecting the nervous system. Beginning in childhood or early adulthood, most people with NARP experience numbness, tingling, or pain in the arms and legs (sensory neuropathy); muscle weakness; and problems with balance and coordination (ataxia). Many affected individuals also have vision loss caused by changes in the light-sensitive tissue that lines the back of the eye (the retina). In some cases, the vision loss results from a condition called retinitis pigmentosa. This eye disease causes the light-sensing cells of the retina gradually to deteriorate.
|MeSH Codes:||, , D002549|
|ICD 9 Codes:||277.87, , 330.8|
Coding Notes for G31.84 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Age related cognitive decline - instead, use code R41.81
- Altered mental status - instead, use code R41.82
- Cerebral degeneration - instead, use code G31.9
- Change in mental status - instead, use code R41.82
- Cognitive deficits following (sequelae of) cerebral hemorrhage or infarction (I69.01, I69.11, I69.21, I69.31, I69.81, I69.91) - instead, use code I69.01
- Cognitive impairment due to intracranial or head injury - instead, use code S06.-
- Dementia (F01.-, F02.-, - instead, use Code F03
- Mild memory disturbance - instead, use code F06.8
- Neurologic neglect syndrome - instead, use code R41.4
- Personality change, nonpsychotic - instead, use code F68.8
- DRG Group #056-057 - Degenerative nervous system disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #056-057 - Degenerative nervous system disorders without MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'G31.84 - Mild cognitive impairment, so stated'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code G31.84. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 331.83 was previously used, G31.84 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.