ICD-10-CM Code G37.9
Demyelinating disease of central nervous system, unspecified
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
G37.9 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of demyelinating disease of central nervous system, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code G37 is used to code Demyelinating disease
A demyelinating disease is any disease of the nervous system in which the myelin sheath of neurons is damaged. This damage impairs the conduction of signals in the affected nerves. In turn, the reduction in conduction ability causes deficiency in sensation, movement, cognition, or other functions depending on which nerves are involved.
|MeSH Codes:||D003711, D003711, D003711|
|ICD 9 Codes:||340, 341, 357.0|
Photomicrograph of a demyelinating MS-Lesion. Immunohistochemical staining for CD68 highlights numerous macrophages (brown). Original magnification 10×.
- DRG Group #058-060 - Multiple sclerosis and cerebellar ataxia with MCC.
- DRG Group #058-060 - Multiple sclerosis and cerebellar ataxia with CC.
- DRG Group #058-060 - Multiple sclerosis and cerebellar ataxia without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with MCC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition with CC.
- DRG Group #974-976 - Hiv with major related condition without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'G37.9 - Demyelinating disease of central nervous system, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code G37.9. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code G37.9 and a single ICD9 code, 341.9 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.