ICD-10-CM Code G44.1
Vascular headache, not elsewhere classified
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
G44.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of vascular headache, not elsewhere classified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code G441 is used to code Vascular headache
A vascular headache is an outdated term to describe certain types of headache which were thought to be related to blood vessel swelling and hyperemia as cause of the pain.
|ICD 9 Code:||784.0|
Coding Notes for G44.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Cluster headache - instead, use code G44.0
- Complicated headache syndromes - instead, use code G44.5-
- Drug-induced headache - instead, use code G44.4-
- Migraine - instead, use code G43.-
- Other specified headache syndromes - instead, use code G44.8-
- Post-traumatic headache - instead, use code G44.3-
- Tension-type headache - instead, use code G44.2-
- DRG Group #102-103 - Headaches with MCC.
- DRG Group #102-103 - Headaches without MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'G44.1 - Vascular headache, not elsewhere classified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code G44.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code G44.1 and a single ICD9 code, 784.0 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.